Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Buh Bye hair tie


So we all know the hair tie or rubber band we all seem to love and hate at the same time, for starters you can never find a good one when you need it for your hair, or they break or never hold your hair up where you want it to stay but you always need them to throw your hair back! 
Well I don't know about any other mom's but I used it to loop around my button on my pre pregnancy jeans so I could wear them for a longer time when I was pregnant.  Well after I had Aubrey which was in June, I didn't really need it for my pants because I was still wearing my maternity shorts and capris, and thank goodness I never threw away my fat girl shorts because those came in handy.  Well as the season changed and I started shrinking (only a tiny bit) my fat girl pants (size 12) were too big.....ya know like saggy butt (mom jeans) which were a no go.  So I carefully pulled up my size 10 jeans and almost had a melt down....I could not for the life of me, button them! ugh! So I dreadfully found a hair tie to loop around and keep my pants up! Well yesterday I comfortably wore my smallest size 10 jeans without having to use the hair tie! Yay me! They actually fit now! So I think it is safe for me to finally.... finally go out and buy myself some new jeans, even though I still want to be smaller.

Well anyways today is January 8th which is the second Tuesday of the new year! So I weighed myself in the morning right after waking up and feeding Aubrey because I know that milk makes my weight go up! haha! 

So as you can see I have lost basically 2 pounds. Which were the two pounds I gained over the holidays, So this week I am stepping my game up! I went on to my fitbit profile and started a goal for myself, lose 1 pound a week.  It came back with how many calories I can eat in a day and it changes everyday based on how much activity I do. 

So today, I went on a 4 mile jog with my friend Nicole and we basically walked the last mile so 5 miles total! that upped how many calories I can eat because I burned more! And yes I jog while pushing Aubrey in the stroller, I have yet to go by myself! I feel like its so easy to have my water and my phone on the stroller than carrying them.  I need to eventually get a runner's belt that holds water so I can go running on my own.  Nicole and I did a great job today! She was on vacation for over a week and is still faster than me! But she keeps me motivated to keep working on my fitness! Nicole has a two year old son named Hunter! He is the cutest little boy ever! My father in law already joked about Hunter and Aubrey getting married to make Nicole and Ryan part of our friend/family line....I'll explain that next time. haha 

  
This is Aubrey and I after our jog and after feeding her, she is such a happy girl today! She just squeals and squeals! I think she thinks that my soap opera, Days of our lives, is the best thing ever because she will just sit there and squeal at the tv while I watch it! And judge me all you want....yes I let my daughter watch tv! I thought when I first had Aubrey oh my goodness I'm never going to be one of those moms who let their babies watch tv...well guess what I am! haha! It's not like I let her watch a million hours a day or anything, the tv is only on during Days of our lives and if she is being sassy about taking a nap I turn it on cartoons so she can be distracted until she falls asleep. Which she is peacefully napping right now! So I better take advantage of it and get some stuff done!! I like it when my days are full of productive rather than being bored which I find myself a lot lately, since the hubs works a lot. 


This is my little sassy girl this morning before our jog! love that face! 

No comments:

Post a Comment