Monday, January 14, 2013

I miss you grandma!

 A year ago today My grandma, Joan Partain passed away.  I still remember hanging out at my sister's place when we got the phone call from my mom telling us that the doctors gave her 48 hours to live (When the weeks previous they said 6 months) ugh! I know its not the doctors fault and we all knew it was going to be soon but not that soon! Well my sister lives in Campbell and I live in Lodi so we literally had to figure out what we were going to do...regardless we were driving out to Monrovia to be with her and my family...So after traffic we decided to drive to my house drop off my car and pack a little bit and book it down south.  We made it to my grandparents house at 3 in the morning.  It was not a fun thing to experience but I'm so glad that my grandma knew I was there (ugh emotions are getting the best of me as I type this.) That picture of my grandma is my grandpa's favorite picture of her and its my favorite too!
This was my grandma before we really knew how bad and how fast her illness was. That is me and my sister with her! Believe me when I say it took over her body super fast! I believe this was in August of 2011

That's my mom and me with my grandma.

I can not believe it has already been a year! What makes me the most sad about my grandma being gone is that she never got to hold Aubrey, and I remember her telling my sister that her mom (my great grandma) got to hold Christine before she died and I felt that she told my sister that because she knew deep down inside that she wouldn't be able to hold Aubrey, but at least she is now Aubrey's little guardian angel and believe me when I say there is a part of my grandma in Aubrey because Woo that girl is sassy and my grandma was always sassy! haha





No comments:

Post a Comment